Monday, March 21, 2011

A Pretext For Belatedness

I'm learning a little bit about what it's like to be in the teaching profession; here's the latest excuse to arrive in my electronic post:
I missed class on on the 16th because I got really sick. I threw up like 46 times in two days.
My calculations indicate this incident must have occurred nearly once an hour, unless the Afflicted One slept, in which case the frequency was even more extraordinary. If this individual finds herself unsuited to be a scholar of mental derangements, she could undoubtedly find success with a traveling carnival.

1 comment:

  1. I believe one has a tendency to exaggerate the severity of one's illness when pressed to account for one's absence from society. If indeed it was 46 times, I wonder that the individual did not turn himself inside-out.

    ReplyDelete